dimanche 30 mars 2014

Base - part 2

Back from a one-week vacation, back to the hobby.

The tree is an interesting addition to the model: I decided to make it a dead tree, hinting that the temple it grew from is really old.
Problem: the lead tree is a bit cheap: poorly sculpted, it is rather flat, with showing molding lines. Plus it will easily bend, then break. Solution : giving it a "green stuff treatment" should overcome these shortcomings, or so I thought. More on this later.


Another discreet addition to the  ruined-temple-themed plastic base: the broken torso of a statue. It is made from an age-old Games Workshop beast man.  My friend Frédéric gave me a bunch of these ten-ish years ago, and now I have found an employment for one of them. Never ever empty your bits box!

One little correction from an earlier post: I now know that "pinning" is the English for "tigeage". And pinning I do:

This kit is starting to look like a dragon. It is about time.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire