mercredi 5 mars 2014

A New Hope

This is a new start for this blog.

- First, out of consideration for the odd English-speaking hobbyist stumbling on this blog (after googling for “carmine dragon” I presume), I shall now write in English.
- Second, there was a lull as I moved from Paris to Toulouse last year. After much moving box frenzy, it seems that I can resume feeding this blog.
- Last but not least, it is a new start, coz’ we shall now follow the assembly and painting of… a Warpfire Dragon.
‘What about the Carmine Dragon of the title?’ cries the crowd. Long story short: 1) Carmine thingy got lost in some moving cardboard box, 2) got myself a shiny Warpfire Dragon for Christmas (thanks Mum and Bro, who are now reading this in English –Ah!).

So, here we go again. My objective is to complete this kit by end of April. That’s ambitious, given that I am a slow hobbyist without much spare time (you know the story: job, family, other hobbies, life). In the meantime, I’ll try to update this blog on a relatively regular basis, depending on what I have to show you. Some appraisal from the viewers along the way is rather unlikely, but would be highly appreciated nonetheless.

First things first: the beast has it appears on the –crude- instruction sheet from Warhammer Forge:


…The kit itself: resin upgrade of a plastic kit. That will make for an interesting assembly...


…And the usual cleaning of resin parts with dish washing detergent.


See you for the next episode of this not-so thrilling adventure!

2 commentaires:

  1. End of april ?

    Make sure it's done before June!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Well, dear Rémi, you do possess some information that the average reader does not. Yes, I'd better finish this kit before end of June, as I'd rather complete as much personal stuff as possible before that deadline... Two kids take a lot of one's hobby time, as you know from experience.

      Supprimer